...suckling griffins

As you well know if you even barely know me, mythology is one of the driving interests in my life - along with comic books but if you go by a rather interesting book entitled "Our Gods Wear Spandex" by Chris Knowles, the latter is a continuation of the former



Anyway I digress I am going off topic here.
I have been readiing again about some pre-hellenistic deities recently and stumbled once again upon a goddess that has always interested me mostly because of her fierce nature - nothing like the later Olympian ladies.

Britomartis in her guise of Potnia Therion - Mistress of Beasts- was the Minoan/Cretan nature.
This lady was so fierce she suckleld griffins!!!

Here's a link:

Britomartis








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My facebook saga

the sad face of bigotry